A wide range of profit, nonprofit, educational and government organizations have benefited by using the ICS Inventory in various training and coaching efforts. Selected organizations include:
• The World Bank
• United States Agency for International Development
• State of Minnesota Supreme Court
• Parkway Corporation
• Georgetown University
• Hewitt Corporation
• Evergreen School District
• University of Texas at Arlington
• Office of Naval Intelligence
• University of Minnesota
• Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
• United States Navy Chaplains
• State of Virginia Supreme Court
The ICS Inventory can be effectively used in such situations as:
• Interpersonal communication programs
• Family counseling
• Teaching classes with a diverse student body
• Training individuals and families for an international assignment
• Delivering health care services to culturally diverse populations
• Crisis/hostage negotiation and response
• Diversity training
• Customer service
• Police/community relations
• International humanitarian aid programs
• Diplomatic negotiations
"I really appreciated the content! I've never thought of these concepts or in this mindset before. I feel like I've gained a greater awareness and better understanding of others."
"This guy [Dr. Hammer] was terrific. He gave me all kinds of information that I can use professionally and in my personal life."
"Very useful -- not a topic that I've had much exposure to in all the management/leadership training that I've experienced."
"Excellent presentation of the theory and demonstration of the [ICS] tool."
"Excellent realistic examples that were tied to our everyday situations. Thank you."
"His [Dr. Hammer] message was very thought provoking. This is better than diversity training."
The ICS Inventory
"Fantastic! I want to use it for my cross-cultural training sessions and teambuilding."
"Learning my own style enables me to analyze my co-workers."
"Provides a framework for understanding cultural differences."
"Great tool to put conflict into a whole different perspective."
"The ICS inventory is fascinating, easy to understand and simple to administer."
"I think it would be very useful for coaching."
Keynote Addresses &
"This was the best presentation in the history of [this conference]."
"Wonderful session -- it really opened my eyes. I think more training would be very beneficial since many mediations are intercultural."
"Outstanding speaker -- excellent content and presentation."
"This was the best presentation of the seminar and was worth the whole cost of the seminar in time and money."
"Much needed topic. I learned a lot. Excellent. Role-play worth staying for."
"Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom. I have learned a great deal from your presentation."
"Extremely knowledgeable and was able to help me look at diverse populations in a new way."
"Very dynamic speaker. Very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Very engaging."
"Content and expertise, advisement on situations."
"Cutting edge ideas, thought provoking presenter."
"This is the best session I attended during the conference."